How to Obtain a Work Permit
Steps to Obtaining a Work Permit
Step 1: Secure Employment
Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.
Step 2: Download the work permit application linked below.
Step 3: Complete the work permit application:
1. Students are to complete the sections "Minor's Information" and "School Information."
2. Employers are to complete the section "For Employer to Complete" - print and sign their name.
3. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form for knowledge and consent.
Step 4: See Mr. Berns Room R 1806 - Before School / Brunch / Beginning of Lunch with completed B1-Work Permit Application
Step 5: Pick-up Work Permit 24-48 hours after submitting B-1 Application
For clarity, work permits are offered for an entire school year - June 1st - August 31st. Those students who were issued a work permit between June 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022, will need to renew their work permit at their school site by August 31, 2022.
Any work permits issued after June 1, 2022, will expire on August 31, 2023.
Things to Know About Work Permits
- All permits must be completed in person.
- Complete the Google Request Form - Request Form Link
- Work permits must be obtained by any student under the age of 18 who has a job.
- A student needs a new work permit every time they begin a new job.
- All work permits expire at the start of the school year and must be renewed even if this student has not changed jobs.
- If a student works without a work permit they are subject to losing their job and the employer may be fined up to $500 each day the student worked without a permit.
- Hart District Work Permit Issuance for Summer
Reasons Work Permits May be Denied or Revoked
- Parent/Guardian requests revocation of work permit
- Student has poor school attendance
- Student has poor school achievement
- Student has discipline issues at school.
ENTERTAINMENT WORK PERMITS MUST BE OBTAINED IN THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE.
Any questions should be directed Kevin Berns. [email protected]