Things to know about work permits
- Work permits must be obtained by any student under the age of 18 who has a job.
- A student needs a new work permit every time they begin a new job.
- All work permits expire at the start of the school year and must be renewed even if this student has not changed jobs.
- If a student works without a work permit they are subject to losing their job and the employer may be fined up to $500 each day the student worked without a permit.
How to obtain a work permit
- Get a Request for Work Permit (Forms are available in the front office lobby)
- Complete the “Minor Information” section
- Have your supervisor at work complete the “Employer section”. Make sure they sign it!
- Have a parent/guardian sign the application.
- Bring the completed application to Mrs. Kosek in the front office..
- You will have to return the following day at brunch to sign and pick-up your completed work permit.
- Work permits are not produced on the spot. They take between 2-3 days to process.
Reasons Work Permits May be Denied or Revoked
- Parent/Guardian requests revocation of work permit
- Student has poor school attendance
- Student has poor school achievement
- Student has discipline issues at school.
ENTERTAINMENT WORK PERMITS MUST BE OBTAINED IN THE REGISTRAR'S OFFICE.
Any questions should be directed to Mr. Rees
Below is a link to fill out the Work Permit Form