Saugus High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Work Permits » How to Obtain a Work Permit

How to Obtain a Work Permit

The District Office will issue work permits from Wednesday, June 8th to Friday, August 5th, 2022. As of August 8, 2022, work permits will be offered at the school site.
During the summer (June 8 - August 5), work permits will be issued by appointment only. Work permit appointments will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9-12 pm. We will not issue work permits on July 1st. The appointments are 15 minutes and can be made by emailing [email protected]
Steps to Obtaining a Work Permit
Step 1: Secure Employment
Students need to secure a job before obtaining a work permit.
Step 2: Download the work permit application linked HERE
Step 3: Complete the work permit application:
1. Students are to complete the sections "Minor's Information" and "School Information."
2. Employers are to complete the section "For Employer to Complete" - print and sign their name.
3. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form for knowledge and consent.
Step 4: Email [email protected]org that you are requesting a work permit. The auto-reply message will give instructions on how to set up an appointment. You must have an appointment. The appointment will be at the William S. Hart Union High School District office. 21380 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350. Please let the receptionist know that you are here for a work permit when you arrive. Please remember to bring your ID.
For clarity, work permits are offered for an entire school year - June 1st - August 31st. Those students who were issued a work permit between June 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022, will need to renew their work permit at their school site by August 31, 2022.
Any work permits issued after June 1, 2022, will expire on August 31, 2023. 

Things to Know About Work Permits

  • All permits must be completed in person.
  • Complete the Google Request Form - Request Form Link
  • Work permits must be obtained by any student under the age of 18 who has a job.
  • A student needs a new work permit every time they begin a new job.
  • All work permits expire at the start of the school year and must be renewed even if this student has not changed jobs.
  • If a student works without a work permit they are subject to losing their job and the employer may be fined up to $500 each day the student worked without a permit.
  • Hart District Work Permit Issuance for Summer

Reasons Work Permits May be Denied or Revoked

  • Parent/Guardian requests revocation of work permit
  • Student has poor school attendance
  • Student has poor school achievement
  • Student has discipline issues at school.


Any questions should be directed Kevin Berns. [email protected]

Below is a link to fill out the Work Permit Form