COC - College Now! Information
College Now! Is a special admissions program for high school juniors and seniors. College Now! Provides the opportunity to enroll in college-level course work, with an enrollment of 11.0 units or less per term. Enrollment fees are waived (all other term fees, including non-resident tuition fees, must be paid at the time of registration).
Classes can be taken at the Valencia or Canyon Country Campus, Online, in Hybrid form (hybrid courses meet once a week in class and the rest of the class is online). And some will be even be offered at each high school after school during the fall and spring semester (please check with Saugus counselors to see what specific courses will be offered).
Get started at www.canyons.edu/collegenow
Step 1 - Application
- Apply online for the semester you plan to attend at canyons.edu/collegenow.
You will receive an email within one business day with your COC ID number.
- Create a My Canyons student account online at canyons.edu using your COC ID number.
Receive a My Canyons username and password and COC email.
Reminder: You must submit a new application for each semester you plan to attend.
Step 2 - Orientation
- Complete the one-time Online Orientation accessed through your My Canyons
Step 3 - College Now! Form
- Submit a College Now! Form for the semester you plan to attend to Admissions & Records Office on the Valencia or Canyon Country campus before high school registration date.
- The College Now! Form can be obtained through your high school counseling office or by downloading it from the College Now! website. Your high school counselor will recommend and approve the degree-applicable COC courses you plan to enroll in. Be sure to list alternative course selections in case first-choice courses are not available (not to exceed 11 units).
- The College Now! and Authorization to Consent to Medical Treatment Forms require signatures from the following: student, parents or guardians, high school counselor, and high school principal.
Step 4 - Register & Pay Fees
- Your registration date and time will be posted to your My Canyons Register for classes online through your My Canyons student account on or after your assigned registration date.
- Payment for fees is due at the time of registration. Failure to pay can result in being dropped from your class(es). (College Now! Program waives tuition ($46/unit). Students are responsible for college fees.
- Planning on enrolling in a higher level language course? (Ex: Spanish or Sign Language) - Make sure to submit high school transcripts if you have taken the first levels of the language at your high school.
- Planning on enrolling in an English or Math Course? Assessment in English or Math are needed if you plan on enrolling in an English or Math course, or if a course has an English or Math prerequisite such as Economics 20I. Visit the Assessment Center at canyons.edu/offices/assessment for additional information.
College of the Canyons • www.canyons.edu • (661) 362-5891
VALENCIA CAMPUS: 26455 ROCKWELL CANYON ROAD, SANTA CLARITA, CA 91355
CANYON COUNTRY CAMPUS: 17200 SIERRA HIGHWAY, SANTA CLARITA, CA 91351