Saugus HS events and information: Week of November 13th - November 16th, 2018.
School is closed on Monday, November 12th in Honor of Veterans Day.
Thanksgiving schedule update: Just a reminder that there is no late start on Wednesday, November 21st. Students will be released early that day. First period starts that day at 7:14 am and seventh period ends at 1:23 pm . File attachments:
Sadie Hawkins Dance is coming up on Saturday, November 17th. Tickets are on sale now in ASB for $20 w/ASB $25 w/out ASB and $30 (cash only) at the door. Tickets are available at the ASB office Friday the 16th until second brunch. The dance will be here on campus from 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm. The attire is semi-formal.
Saugus High School would like to announce that there will be four classes offered by College of the Canyons in the spring semester at Saugus High School. These classes are open to all 11th and 12th grade students. Students will receive both high school and college credit for completing COC classes while in high school. All classes start the week of February 4, 2019, and end the week of May 15, 2019. The classes being offered are:
1. Sign Language 101. Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 PM to 7:55 PM. This course meets the California "A-G" foreign language admissions requirement.
2. Philosophy 101. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 PM to 5:05 PM.
3. Media 102. Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 PM to 5:20 PM.
4. Counseling 110. Tuesdays and Thursday from 3:30 PM to 5:05 PM.
Seating in these classes is limited, and we encourage all students to start the enrollment process as soon as possible. To enroll, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.canyons.edu and click on the link for "New Students"
2. Follow the prompts to complete the online application and the online orientation.
3. Once the application and orientation is complete, please have your student come to the counseling office to complete a "College Now!" form.
4. Bring the completed "College Now!" form, along with the counselor and administrator signature, to the admissions and records office at COC. You can bring it to either the Valencia or the Canyon Country campus.
5. When you take the "College Now!" form to COC, they will give you directions on how to complete the registration for the class.
Girls Lacrosse please contact email@example.com for more information regarding the development of this new girls spring season sport at Saugus High.
The Saugus Boys Volleyball program will be offering open gym nights beginning Thursday the 18th in the Saugus gym starting at 7:00 p.m. The open gym nights are for any current or interested volleyball player on our campus. If you are interested or want to try the sport of volleyball, please show up.
The Math Tutor Club is held every Thursday from 3:15-4:15 pm in room J-1008. Please encourage your student to take advantage of this educational opportunity.
Saugus REACH will be hosting college guest speakers through the end of the semester. Any junior or senior student interested in attending can obtain a permission slip in Q-1715 at lunch. Spots are limited. All presentations will take place during 2nd period in room Q-1715 on the following date: November 21-UC Merced
Upcoming sports team tryouts:
Track & Field (Boys & Girls) - Monday 11/12/18 through Wednesday 11/14/18 from 7th period until 4:30/5:00 PM.
Softball - Tuesday 11/13 through Thursday 11/15 from 3:15 PM to 5:00 PM at Central Park
Upcoming events and fundraisers:
~Saugus Theater Presents: Baskerville - A Sherlock Holmes Mystery on November 14th, 15th, and 16th at 7:00 pm in The New Forum!
~ Festival of Trees will be held once again at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex in “The Center” (26415 Carl Boyer Drive) November 17th from 10:00 am - 9:00 pm and Sunday the 18th from 10-6pm. Saugus High has a tree that will be auctioned off at the event and will be on display in the front office for a few weeks before the event.
~CPK Fundraiser gift cards for Common Cents - Look no further for the perfect holiday stocking stuffer or thank you gift! During the month of November, Common Cents Mentors will be selling CPK gift cards. Gift cards may be purchased in any amount and 10% goes directly back to our program. Digital Cards - Emailed directly with a message from you. Plastic Cards - Mailed directly.
~Planning ahead for Fall Semester Finals Schedule: Preview attachment Final Exam Schedule Fall 2018.docx Final Exam Schedule Fall 2018.docx 14 KB
Let’s have a great week!