A Career Coach, What is it?
The Career Coach Program is a partnership with the William S. Hart Union High School District and College of the Canyons. The program is designed to provide students, specifically juniors and seniors with information and support as they embark on their career exploration journey. Students who participate in the program will graduate high school confident of their chosen career path and well-informed on the necessary post-secondary education and/or training required to achieve their career goals.
What Can a Career Coach Do For You?
As your Career Coach, I can help you with...
- Developing an individual Career Plan.
- Administering and interpreting of Career Assessments.
- Connect information on careers, career pathways and related employment.
- Knowledge of California's 15 Industry Sectors and the many Career Pathways.
- Easing the transition from high school to post-secondary education and/or training.
Why is Career Exploration important?
While in high school, you have an opportunity to discover more about yourself and the kind of
work you would like to do. Whether you aspire to become a doctor or medical technician, architect or carpenter you want to find your best matched career path based on your strengths, abilities, skills and interests. You also need to learn which post-secondary education and/or training programs will help you develop the skills required for the career you want.
By participating in the Career Coach Program, you will…
- Match your personality type to possible careers.
- Explore a variety of career paths.
- Choose a career that best fits you!
- Learn more about today's workplace and the skills you need to succeed.
- Identify the best education and training opportunities for the career you want.
- Make a connection between a major, degree & your career.
Stop by the Counseling Office and Meet Your Career Coach Today!